Thursday, February 10, 2011

Traditional Medicine

About 4 days ago I woke up with a sore neck. I slept on it the wrong way and it felt like I pinched a nerve. Over the following two days it got progressively worse. It was incredibly painful and I had my head on a constant angle. I couldn't turn my head and slept on my back; waking up occasionally with shooting pains. After 3 days all the muscles around my neck and shoulder had seized up and I was a bit of a mess.

Celine suggested I go and see Dr Tui at the Yukishi clinic; a centre concentrating on traditional and holistic health. I was a bit of a cynic when it came to things like acupuncture because my only experience did nothing to help. I had nothing to lose so i went in to see her. Over two sessions across two consecutive mornings Dr Tui concentrated on a mixture of acupuncture and acupressure. Now, after my second session there has been a drastic improvement. The pain is still there by localised to a specific area. I have decent mobility and the muscles have relaxed. Dr Tui said it should get better over the next day but maybe one more session of acupressure is needed. At $7 a session it definitely doesn't break the bank.

The Yakushi Centre offers a range of traditional medicine as well as massages. They are professional and offer high quality service.

Any cynicism I had towards traditional medicine is now gone

No comments:

Post a Comment