Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Friends in Hanoi


Recently I have crossed paths with an old friend, Sal, who i met through my ex girlfriend. She is working for Contiki taking tours through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Laos. It has been many years since we last saw each other so it has been great to catch up here in Hanoi. We enjoyed a few drinks on Christmas Eve and have since caught up for a hot pot lunch on Truc Bach Lake which is not far from my house. It is really nice to have someone you know around to chat about old times. We try and catch up for dinner whenever she is in town.

My good friend Hana aka "Spangas" visited Vietnam last year with her father and his friend. They toured the north of Vietnam on motorbikes and when back in Hanoi we had a chance to enjoy a few dinners. It was great catching up with her and her old man even though her partying efforts were woeful and have declined considerably since our Sydney days.

My step brother James aka "Skinny Bum" and his missus Damaris joined me for a drink and dinner in Hanoi after they drove from HCMC to Hanoi on motorbikes. A few communication problems meant we didn't have much time to hang out but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Their parting gift were two very nice helmets that Celine and I both wear.

On Christmas Eve I ran into a guy a went to uni with. It is fair to say we have both changed a lot since those days but it was again good to share some stories of the past while partying away in Vietnam.

That has been my brush from home to date.

Who will be next??????

No comments:

Post a Comment